cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
virakones
Resolver II
Resolver II

How to fill Owner ID of "Create new row" from Get User Profile (V2)?

Having problems trying to fill the Owner ID in a "Common Data Service (Dataverse) Create new Row" action from the responder of a Teams Adaptive card.

I tried using the 'id' value from a "Get User Profile (V2)" action using the UPN of the teams card responder to get the profile but the 'id' from the action does not seem to be recognized. Getting a "Resource not found for the segment " error.

Effectively, I would like the responder of the Teams Card to be the Owner/Author of the new row for the Dataverse record. Or am I mistaking what that field is for.

Any thoughts?

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
abm
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @virakones 

This is what you need to do. If you want to allocate a user or team then find the userid or teamid. You can find the user id or team id using the List rows (Users or Teams entity) and use filter query to find the relevant id. Once you find the relevant id you can set the id as follows under your create a row action step.

image.png

Or

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
abm
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @virakones 

This is what you need to do. If you want to allocate a user or team then find the userid or teamid. You can find the user id or team id using the List rows (Users or Teams entity) and use filter query to find the relevant id. Once you find the relevant id you can set the id as follows under your create a row action step.

image.png

Or

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (85,286)