cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ConorEllinger
Helper I
Helper I

How to filter my current Flow only grab the most recently update item in Sharepoint List

Here is my current flow:

When an item is modified in List B, the flow grabs all of the items in List A and B.

Screenshot 2021-03-26 140011.png

Then it converts the List B values in to Integers, checks to make sure that the unique keys between List A and List B match.

Screenshot 2021-03-26 140033.png

And if they do, writes the new values from List B to List A.

Screenshot 2021-03-26 140101.png

Everything works great except that the List A ends up updating every item in the list whenever the flow runs. How do I best modify this flow to only grab the specific item that was updated and then pass that update to the List A table. I have been unable to figure this out on my own without completely breaking my Flow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PrasadAthalye
Community Champion
Community Champion

So it appears that you are only interested to update List A items that are related to List B items being updated.

So Get Items on List A should have a filter to get items that are matching with the Item being updated. Please refer to my example for directions...

• common column between 2 is linked by ID. So In Main List, it's the default ID column. In the 2nd List, I have it called PRFID.
  • So when 1st list is updated, I am filtering items from 2nd list. 
  • Then once I get the correct item, I am using the update Item. and for the ID parameter, I am using an ID from the GetItems of 2nd List which I am updating.

PrasadAthalye_0-1616790564236.png

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PrasadAthalye
Community Champion
Community Champion

So it appears that you are only interested to update List A items that are related to List B items being updated.

So Get Items on List A should have a filter to get items that are matching with the Item being updated. Please refer to my example for directions...

• common column between 2 is linked by ID. So In Main List, it's the default ID column. In the 2nd List, I have it called PRFID.
  • So when 1st list is updated, I am filtering items from 2nd list. 
  • Then once I get the correct item, I am using the update Item. and for the ID parameter, I am using an ID from the GetItems of 2nd List which I am updating.

PrasadAthalye_0-1616790564236.png

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

This is exactly what I needed. Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,538)