cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nettsales
Regular Visitor

How to find the GUID of a related table row using the name lookup?

I have an automated flow running that creates an event booking triggered when a contact field "webform" is populated.  The flow creates the event booking I want created, applying fields from the contact table but I want to link the event booking to the event, which is a separate Dynmaics custom table.  I have the name of the event booked in a text field "webform" in the contact record but am stuggling to find a way to lookup this name field against the Events table and return the GUID of the Event record to write into the event booking lookup field.

I beleive I should be using Get Record but struggling to find how to apply this to my (hopefully simple) situation.

I know that the event name text field is unique and the same as the event name in the Event table as that is sorted in another process, so no danger of duplicate event names!

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
ViditGholam
Super User
Super User

ViditGholam
Super User
Super User

Hi @Nettsales you are on the right track just the table name is incorrect use that name which is not editable just in plural form.

ViditGholam_0-1617714135697.png

salesorders

cus look up basically means you are looking into many records and not just a single one

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
ViditGholam
Super User
Super User

Hi @Nettsales you can filter the events based on the name using fetch XML and then use list row you will also get the event record as well as the Guid as per my understanding.

Nettsales
Regular Visitor

hi @ViditGholam - I can list the rows using FetchXML but then I am struggling to get the GUID from the results to apply to add a new row.

I also feel I am missing a step as I get "Apply to each" after the list rows even though I have limited the results to 1 row:

Nettsales_0-1617711312871.png

ViditGholam
Super User
Super User

Hi @Nettsales you want the Guid of Events right ??

ViditGholam
Super User
Super User

You should get the guid from the list rows it self 

Even if it the count is one it will still get you to an apply to each

Nettsales
Regular Visitor

hi @ViditGholam - correct.  Then I want to add this to a lookup field in the Event booking table

ViditGholam
Super User
Super User

hi @Nettsales  user /entity plural name (Record(value))

Nettsales
Regular Visitor

That is what I thought I needed and had done but I keep getting this error:

Nettsales_0-1617711941544.png

Which makes me think I had missed a step somewhere...

ViditGholam
Super User
Super User

your table name might be wrong don't use singular names 

like generally it is invoice but for lookup it is invoices

ViditGholam
Super User
Super User

use events instead of event and that might work 

i have got this error 1000 times now😂 and the solution to this is use plural names

ViditGholam
Super User
Super User

Nettsales
Regular Visitor

@ViditGholamahhh... so there are three possible names for a table - name (salesorder) display name (Order) and Plural name (Orders) but it's none of these rather "salesorders"

Will give this a go now - thanks.

ViditGholam
Super User
Super User

Hi @Nettsales you are on the right track just the table name is incorrect use that name which is not editable just in plural form.

ViditGholam_0-1617714135697.png

salesorders

cus look up basically means you are looking into many records and not just a single one

View solution in original post

Nettsales
Regular Visitor

@ViditGholamgot it - many thnaks

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,755)