cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

How to form the data to a table in Excel via Flow?

Dear experts, 

I have an excel file which contains the data generated from system. This row data is an excel file that has column header and one record per row. The row data is not in Table format. Is there any way that we can form the excel's data to a table automatically via Flow?

Many thanks!

Best regards,

Tom

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: How to form the data to a table in Excel via Flow?

Hey @TomLu1231 

To use the excel online connector to get individual row items, the data needs to be formatted as a table only. Can you share more details on the data schema you currently have? Maybe you can manually format the data to a table by selecting the entire data set in excel and formatting it as a table. And then you can get it in flow row wise and perform any further operations as intended. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: How to form the data to a table in Excel via Flow?

Hi @yashag2255  thanks for your answer! The data I got is just an Rxcel file like below. It has the column headers and one record per row. But it is not a table format.  

Employee IDHire DateGenderDepartmentLocation
1231231242019-09-01MaleFinanceSingapore
1231232132019-10-22MaleHRChina

Currently, I am doing exactly you what you mentioned which is to manually format the data to a table by selecting the entire data set in that Excel and formatting it as a table. Then upload to a shared folder to trigger the flow to list down all the records in that Table. 

I am wondering whether it is possible that we can use Flow to automate the formatting table part. So that I can just upload the Excel file without any manual actions. Is it possible to achieve that?

Many thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,814)