cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattP13
Resolver I
Resolver I

How to get Dynamics 365 records and filter records with empty Project Number fields. Create HTML table and Email

I'm trying to create a scheduled flow that will run every 2 weeks.

This flow will pull a list of Project Records from Dynamics 365 and filter the list to only contain records that

meet the following conditions met

1. Status = Active  (FYI - the actual Field label is Status BUT the field name is statecode with an option value of 0 - Active or 1 - Inactive)

2. Project Number Field is empty

If both those conditions are met, a HTML Table is created and then emailed to a user containing the Project Name, Date Created and link to the Project form in CRM for that particular record.

Currently the flow runs successfully but I do not receive any email. I'm pretty sure the issue lies somewhere in the middle of the flow.

Help me out fam!

Image of current flow:

Capture.PNG

Zoomed In Image of Current Flow:

Capture3.PNG

CRM Project Number Field:

Capture1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@PowerBack19I actually figured it out. See image of flow below and the image of the result.

Scheduled Notification Flow.PNGCapture4.PNG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@MattP13 - What account are you using for the "Send an Email (v2)" step? Is it a service account, your account, or some other account? If it's a different account, do you have permissions in Exchange to send emails on behalf of that account?

@PowerBack19I actually figured it out. See image of flow below and the image of the result.

Scheduled Notification Flow.PNGCapture4.PNG

View solution in original post

One last thing, I would suggest you start using the Common Data Service connectors. The Dynamics 365 connectors are deprecated.

Thanks for the feedback, I will start doing so!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (64,646)