cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattP13
Resolver I
Resolver I

How to get Dynamics 365 records and filter records with empty Project Number fields. Create HTML table and Email

I'm trying to create a scheduled flow that will run every 2 weeks.

This flow will pull a list of Project Records from Dynamics 365 and filter the list to only contain records that

meet the following conditions met

1. Status = Active  (FYI - the actual Field label is Status BUT the field name is statecode with an option value of 0 - Active or 1 - Inactive)

2. Project Number Field is empty

If both those conditions are met, a HTML Table is created and then emailed to a user containing the Project Name, Date Created and link to the Project form in CRM for that particular record.

Currently the flow runs successfully but I do not receive any email. I'm pretty sure the issue lies somewhere in the middle of the flow.

Help me out fam!

Image of current flow:

Capture.PNG

Zoomed In Image of Current Flow:

Capture3.PNG

CRM Project Number Field:

Capture1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@PowerBack19I actually figured it out. See image of flow below and the image of the result.

Scheduled Notification Flow.PNGCapture4.PNG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@MattP13 - What account are you using for the "Send an Email (v2)" step? Is it a service account, your account, or some other account? If it's a different account, do you have permissions in Exchange to send emails on behalf of that account?

@PowerBack19I actually figured it out. See image of flow below and the image of the result.

Scheduled Notification Flow.PNGCapture4.PNG

View solution in original post

One last thing, I would suggest you start using the Common Data Service connectors. The Dynamics 365 connectors are deprecated.

Thanks for the feedback, I will start doing so!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,372)