cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aitographics

How to get Forms Reponders' email address to other workflow

Hello,

I have the ready made "Create a Planner task when a Microsoft Forms is submitted" workflow running and it's working correctly. Now I'm configuring the "Send an email when a Planner task is completed" workflow so that the email should be sent to the reponders' email address who has submitted the form response earlier. These are two separate workflows, so how do I get the reponders' email from Forms? So that the completed -email goes to the same person who has submitted the form.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aitographics ,

You could save the responder email in the Description field of the task details:

Please refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png

And then you could get the email address from the task details and send the email when the task in completed:

2.png

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @aitographics  unfortunally you can't by using PA by default, but I can suggest you some tricks  like add the email responder into the title of the content so then in your other flow you have that data to use it.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Thank you for the response @ChristianAbata.

Could you provide more details about this trick? How can I import title data to the other workflow if the title contains more information than just the responders' email? Like the name of the task etc. Or do you mean that the only way to use this trick is to remove all other information from the task title and add only the responders' email?

shure @aitographics  see you can do this

this.PNG

and in the other flow you can get that email doing this

last(split('Tittle','-'))

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aitographics ,

You could save the responder email in the Description field of the task details:

Please refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png

And then you could get the email address from the task details and send the email when the task in completed:

2.png

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,263)