cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get Solution ID inside of Flow

Hey all,

Currently working on error handling for a flow by pushing details about the error into a SharePoint List.  One of the properties I'd like to push is a link to the Flow run.  Before Solutions, this was easy to do. I could build the flow run URL by using the workflow() function to get the Environment, Flow, and Flow Run IDs.  In order to build a link to a flow run in a Solution, I need the Solution ID as well.  I could hard code this, but I'd rather have it populate dynamically, as I'm going to be moving this through DEV > QA > PROD throughout its life cycle.

TLDR; Is there any way to get Solution ID inside of a flow?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like the old URL structure environment/flow/flowrun actually still works, but I'd still like to know if there's a way to get the solution guid/display name from within a flow.

Jcook
Super User
Super User

Hello @Anonymous
Here is the expressions:
Flow name:
workflow()?['tags']['flowDisplayName']

Link to flow run:
concat('https://us.flow.microsoft.com/manage/environments/',workflow()?['tags']['environmentName'],'/flows/',workflow()?['name'],'/runs/',workflow()?['run']['name'])

You can copy and paste the exact expressions I pasted above. The only thing you got to check is the main URL per region
Mine is:
https://us.flow.microsoft.com/

If yours is also us.flow. Than you do not have to change anything.

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @Jcook ,

I might be missing something, but this looks like it grabs the environment name, but not the solution name.

Hi,

I have tested this on a flow inside a solution.
This will generate the flow run

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

This answer seems to have helped me locate running jobs in the Solution area.  Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,972)