cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DTooley
Advocate II
Advocate II

How to get data from different excel spreadsheets

I have a library of excel spreadsheets.  When  a user selects a spreadsheet, I want a workflow to use certain fields of data to write a new row in a different excel spreadsheet.  By using For a selected file trigger, the user can use the launch panel to select the workflow to run.

I tried using the Get a row and the List rows present in a table actions.  In each case, I am required to select the exact spreadsheet to pull the data from.  However, I don't know which spreadsheet the user selected.  I used the filename from the For a selected file trigger.  The tables in the spreadsheet didn't appear so I manually entered the table name.  PA saves the workflow, but it fails to run because it can't find the table name.

Is there a way to get the data from a spreadsheet when it can be any given spreadsheet?

Thanks!

excelworkflow.jpg

1 REPLY 1
ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

hi @DTooley  you can use this example to get the worksheets into a excel

gets.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,537)