cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

How to get data from different excel spreadsheets

I have a library of excel spreadsheets.  When  a user selects a spreadsheet, I want a workflow to use certain fields of data to write a new row in a different excel spreadsheet.  By using For a selected file trigger, the user can use the launch panel to select the workflow to run.

I tried using the Get a row and the List rows present in a table actions.  In each case, I am required to select the exact spreadsheet to pull the data from.  However, I don't know which spreadsheet the user selected.  I used the filename from the For a selected file trigger.  The tables in the spreadsheet didn't appear so I manually entered the table name.  PA saves the workflow, but it fails to run because it can't find the table name.

Is there a way to get the data from a spreadsheet when it can be any given spreadsheet?

Thanks!

excelworkflow.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: How to get data from different excel spreadsheets

hi @DTooley  you can use this example to get the worksheets into a excel

gets.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,813)