cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DTooley
Level: Powered On

How to get data from different excel spreadsheets

I have a library of excel spreadsheets.  When  a user selects a spreadsheet, I want a workflow to use certain fields of data to write a new row in a different excel spreadsheet.  By using For a selected file trigger, the user can use the launch panel to select the workflow to run.

I tried using the Get a row and the List rows present in a table actions.  In each case, I am required to select the exact spreadsheet to pull the data from.  However, I don't know which spreadsheet the user selected.  I used the filename from the For a selected file trigger.  The tables in the spreadsheet didn't appear so I manually entered the table name.  PA saves the workflow, but it fails to run because it can't find the table name.

Is there a way to get the data from a spreadsheet when it can be any given spreadsheet?

Thanks!

excelworkflow.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,874)