cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
golfnutt8
Helper I
Helper I

How to get data using a filter query from a another list.

I have a Products list that holds information about a certain product like "ProductName", "ProductDetail", "ProductCost"
I have another list called Orders and when I enter an item I want a power automate workflow to use get data from the Products list where the "ProductName" field equals the lookup field used in the Orders list.
I have tried a number of ways but without success.
I wouldn't be messing around with this if I could do a calculated column using a number or currency data type field.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PrasadAthalye
Community Champion
Community Champion

@golfnutt8 - You would run a workflow on Orders and when new item is created trigger. Then in the GetItem action mention Filter query 'ID eq <Select ID field from lookup>'. This should get the item from Products list for you. See sample below... NomineeName is a lookup field from another list...

Like and Mark this as answer if it resolves your issue.

PrasadAthalye_0-1604015409475.png

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PrasadAthalye
Community Champion
Community Champion

@golfnutt8 - You would run a workflow on Orders and when new item is created trigger. Then in the GetItem action mention Filter query 'ID eq <Select ID field from lookup>'. This should get the item from Products list for you. See sample below... NomineeName is a lookup field from another list...

Like and Mark this as answer if it resolves your issue.

PrasadAthalye_0-1604015409475.png

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (1,755)