cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Krentor
Frequent Visitor

How to get default calendar id from Get calendars

Hello,

im trying to replicate following flow. However i have an issue with step with Filter Array. In my situation it wont show me option "IsDefaultCalendar" so i cannot use it. Im building a flow which would setup an event for user who start the flow. For that i need to get id of users default calendar. Currently i do not know how to continue. Can anyone please help? 

Krentor_0-1664268157511.png

Thank you.

Regards,
Jakub

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SudeepGhatakNZ
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I have built a sample flow for you.

Use a JSON parser to parse the output of the Get Calendar (V2) action.

Download the flow from here.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiSgXzNMOHCkz1MYnj1wXf216jTl?e=tshm7h

SudeepGhatakNZ_0-1664271181572.png

If my suggestion helped you, please give it a Thumbs up and mark it as a Solution so that it can benefit others in the community.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SudeepGhatakNZ
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

If you are running the flow in context of a user (not a service account), Get Calendars (V2) should return the IsDefaultCalendar attribute.

SudeepGhatakNZ_0-1664268770966.png

Are you able to investigate the output of the flow run?

If my suggestion helped you, please give it a Thumbs up and mark it as a Solution so that it can benefit others in the community.
Krentor
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

thank you for your reply. Yes i noticed that when i try to compose the outcome that there is such value. However i dont know how to filter this value as it is in my original screenshot. That screenshot is not from my environment, source can be found here:
https://forwardforever.com/power-apps-and-marking-vacations/

My problem is that i dont know how replicate the step with filter array to get default calendar id of user. It seems that they used some dynamic content IsDefaultCalendar. In my case i dont have such option. So i do not know how to filter it.

SudeepGhatakNZ
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I have built a sample flow for you.

Use a JSON parser to parse the output of the Get Calendar (V2) action.

Download the flow from here.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiSgXzNMOHCkz1MYnj1wXf216jTl?e=tshm7h

SudeepGhatakNZ_0-1664271181572.png

Krentor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you. It kind of solved my problem. I have still one more thing. I need to convert it from array to single object. The reason is, if i put id from filter array into Create event, it automatically creates aplly to each loop, even when there is only one object. I need to get rid of this apply to each loop. I need to send response to my application with id of event and i cannot use id from create event as it is in loop. Can you please help me with this as well? I think some compose with function first would solve it but dont know how to write it.

Thank you,

Jakub.

SudeepGhatakNZ
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Download the updated flow from here.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiSgXzNMOHCkz1TdLoPuuXZwsDY5?e=MXXWiI

SudeepGhatakNZ_0-1664309043845.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (5,713)