cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dchilders85
Frequent Visitor

How to get value of object that has no property names?

Hi all,

I am writing a flow that opens an email from the bank, dynamically finds the paragraph with the needed information, and then parses that paragraph. The flow opens the email, converts html to plain text, splits on line break into an array, and then filters the array for the beginning sentence of the paragraph. The result of the filter array is a single object.

Let's say the input of the split is ["/n","/n","/n","From: Joe","Subject: Hi","/n","/n","The debit amount posted is","/n","/n"] and the output of the filter is ["The debit amount posted is"].

I have tried using outputs['Filter_Element'][0], but it says I have to select the value by property name. My problem is there is no property name to select with. I just consistently end up with this object ["The debit amount posted is"]  instead of string type "The debit amount posted is"

Is there a way to either get the value out, or some way to assign a name property to the existing value so I can then extract it? I must be missing something obviously simple. 

Thank you!

dchilders85_0-1651237387487.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dchilders85
Frequent Visitor

Figured it out myself, I needed to use body... either body('Filter_Element') or outputs().body. Hopefully this saves someone else time lol

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dchilders85
Frequent Visitor

Figured it out myself, I needed to use body... either body('Filter_Element') or outputs().body. Hopefully this saves someone else time lol

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (1,602)