cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Joan_Smith7 Advocate I
Advocate I

How to give permissions to send emails from a flow

Hi, I have built a flow that send an email when an anwers from a form is submitted but that emails are been sent from my user (I'm the owner of the flow and the form).

I tried giving permissions to the flow (become owner of the flow) to the other people but It didn't work.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: How to give permissions to send emails from a flow

Hi @Joan_Smith7 

Flows always run under the context of its connectors and hence the email will go from your account

Since you have added other users as owners - you have also technically shared your outlook action access with them

Your best bet would be to use send an email action and use the on behalf of action (create a mailbox where you have send as permissions) - Another option would be to use a shared mailbox to send emails

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Joan_Smith7 

Flows always run under the context of its connectors and hence the email will go from your account

Since you have added other users as owners - you have also technically shared your outlook action access with them

Your best bet would be to use send an email action and use the on behalf of action (create a mailbox where you have send as permissions) - Another option would be to use a shared mailbox to send emails

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

@Joan_Smith7 

I agree with the comments made by @RezaDorrani .  An additional optionis for you to use the Send an email notification action - this action has the green envelope icon.  The email will not be sent from you - it will show as being sent from "PowerApps or Flow".

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,789)