cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joan_Smith7
Level: Powered On

How to give permissions to send emails from a flow

Hi, I have built a flow that send an email when an anwers from a form is submitted but that emails are been sent from my user (I'm the owner of the flow and the form).

I tried giving permissions to the flow (become owner of the flow) to the other people but It didn't work.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: How to give permissions to send emails from a flow

Hi @Joan_Smith7 

Flows always run under the context of its connectors and hence the email will go from your account

Since you have added other users as owners - you have also technically shared your outlook action access with them

Your best bet would be to use send an email action and use the on behalf of action (create a mailbox where you have send as permissions) - Another option would be to use a shared mailbox to send emails

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Hi @Joan_Smith7 

Flows always run under the context of its connectors and hence the email will go from your account

Since you have added other users as owners - you have also technically shared your outlook action access with them

Your best bet would be to use send an email action and use the on behalf of action (create a mailbox where you have send as permissions) - Another option would be to use a shared mailbox to send emails

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

@Joan_Smith7 

I agree with the comments made by @RezaDorrani .  An additional optionis for you to use the Send an email notification action - this action has the green envelope icon.  The email will not be sent from you - it will show as being sent from "PowerApps or Flow".

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 321 members 5,585 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: