cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sas8833
Regular Visitor

How to have multiple items progressing through a flow simultaneously?

Hello,

I have created a flow connecting MS forms (trigger), Planner and MS Team chat (screenshot below).

Triggered by the completion of a MS Form, the flow is moving completed Planner tasks from a Creation bucket to an Invoice bucket and finally to an Archive bucket.  We have staff members who need to manually complete tasks before they can tick the Planner task as complete.  When each item is Planner task is completed, the user who completed the form will get a notice that the task has been completed (via MS Team autobot).

The problem that I have come across is that when User A completes the form, their task could be required to sit in the invoice bucket for 3-6 months. If a User B completes the form to trigger the flow, User A will automatically get notified that their task has moved from the Invoice bucket to the Archive bucket when this isn't true. For User A, the task will remain in the correct bucket, but, the flow will be forced to progress and complete and they will be notified via MS Teams chat (auto bot) that their item has been invoiced and archived. 

NatashaGerold_0-1628727295720.png

How do I allow multiple 'runs' to sit in the flow as progressing?

If anyone could please help, it would be appreciated.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,212)