cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lardo5150
Microsoft
Microsoft

How to ignore error on action

My flow has a step where it is getting data from a spreadsheet, and then pumping this data into a Get Work Item details.

Because the way the spreadsheet is, I EXPECT some of these to fail, because they do not exist or are wrong.

The flow continues on of course and updates everything I need it to, but because it will fail on those two or three, the flow shows it failed.

Is it possible to set a condition to ignore these errors?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rahber
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You can Configure the Run After for the next action in line.

run after.PNG

run after test.PNG

So in my example i know the get a manger action will fail or success so i am configure a run after in my next action that it should run even if the above action fails or succeed. You can configure the run after of an action by clicking on three dots.

Please click Accept as Solution if it resolved your problem or give it a Thumbs Up if it helped you in anyway this will allow other people to search correct solutions effectively.

Thanks,
Rahber

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rahber
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You can Configure the Run After for the next action in line.

run after.PNG

run after test.PNG

So in my example i know the get a manger action will fail or success so i am configure a run after in my next action that it should run even if the above action fails or succeed. You can configure the run after of an action by clicking on three dots.

Please click Accept as Solution if it resolved your problem or give it a Thumbs Up if it helped you in anyway this will allow other people to search correct solutions effectively.

Thanks,
Rahber

I tried that, but when it finishes, it still shows failed.

You can see the very first entry fails, as I would expect it to.

But I have set Parse JSON and Update a row 2 to both run if the previous is successful.

flow 3.JPGFlow1.JPGflow2.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,604)