cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

How to implement excel\word file generation for multiple users and files

I am creating a flow which takes information from SQL and adds to word\excel file templates, then copy this file and store into sharepoint. when new flow is started it deletes all the date in file template and starts process again.

My application will be used for 14 users and these users during the day few times needs to create word\excel files and store in sharepoint.

My questions is how to implement in general file generation for multiple users. Because as i see from forum and my build flows there are some issues with a locking file, when using it for multiple flows or users. For example if i start a flow and fill excel table i need to wait untill it will be finished, otherwise i will get wrong data into file.

How it would work with 14 users, and how to do that they do not overide data on top of each other's flow and so one?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @opit ,

I afraid that there is no any way to achieve your needs to have operation on a file for multiple users and file since as you said, there are some issues with a locking file, when using it for multiple flows or users.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

But is there some workaround in order to implement such solution, for example: use many templates, use differet flows, copy files.

Maybe there is possibility with a flow to check if file is locked and then or wait or use another template?

Or what is other ways to create files.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,922)