cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to include Attachments field to the 2nd List which is automatically updating when an Item creates from another list

Hi All,

I have created a flow to create a new item when a new item creates in another list. It working fine. But, I am unable to find the Attachment option to create the mapping. 

I have a field as attachments in the 1st list but that is not showing in the Flow to app in the 2nd step

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gareth1
Level 8

Re: How to include Attachments field to the 2nd List which is automatically updating when an Item creates from another list

Hi @OsmandFernando 

When working with attachments I have found that these need to be handled separately from the Create Item step

I think you may need to use the Get Attachments -> Get File Content -> Add Attachment

The Get Attachments will return an array of attachments even if there is only one

Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 8.41.24 pm.png

Hopefully this helps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Gareth1
Level 8

Re: How to include Attachments field to the 2nd List which is automatically updating when an Item creates from another list

Hi @OsmandFernando 

When working with attachments I have found that these need to be handled separately from the Create Item step

I think you may need to use the Get Attachments -> Get File Content -> Add Attachment

The Get Attachments will return an array of attachments even if there is only one

Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 8.41.24 pm.png

Hopefully this helps

View solution in original post

Hi @Gareth1 Thank you so much for your reply. 

These steps should add before create item step or after ?

Osmand

Gareth1
Level 8

Hi @OsmandFernando 

You could do it a couple of ways.

Option 1. - Get the attachments, create the new item then add the attachments to the newly created item

Option 2. - create the new item, get the attachments from the original item then add the attachments to the new item. 

Just depends on if there are other dependent actions in your flow

I used the 2 option

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,734)