cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

How to inform the creator of an item, when somebody deletes it?

Hey there,

if someone deletes a list item (by accident), the person who created it should receive a notification. Do you have an idea for that?

Trigger "if an item is deleted" > ?

- "get item" surely does not work

- "send mail" does not work, as I am only able to get the person who deleted the item rather than the person who created it.

Thank you very much

Johannes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for your reply. I just got help from a blog, which describes a solution via "send an HTTP request to SharePoint", which I think will help: https://veenstra.me.uk/2019/07/01/inform-authors-when-a-document-is-deleted-from-sharepoint-with-mic...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @woolee ,

Currently there are no properties available to find the created by from 'When an item is deleted' flow step.

Another work around is:

1. Create an Excel sheet under a onedrive or database of your choice which supports flow.

2. Excel sheet will have two columns. List Id and Created by.

3. When ever a list gets created update the new id and created by.

4. When a list gets deleted use the excel sheet to query the list by id.

5. Send email to original owner who created the list.

6. Delete the row from Excel sheet.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials

Thank you for your reply. I just got help from a blog, which describes a solution via "send an HTTP request to SharePoint", which I think will help: https://veenstra.me.uk/2019/07/01/inform-authors-when-a-document-is-deleted-from-sharepoint-with-mic...

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,775)