cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
empmidd
Regular Visitor

How to load bulk list of emails as "new email arrives from" trigger? power automate

I set up a power automate flow using "when a new email arrives" as the trigger. The defining element is the sender/from field. I want to load a list of emails (hundreds) into the from field so that the flow is triggered when any of those senders write in. When I type the emails in one at a time, they save in the flow properly (and the flow is working).  If, however, I paste in a semi-colon separated list from a column in excel, the from field accepts them, I can get the flow to test properly, but not to save -- meaning, if I save, the bulk entries disappear. 

Does anyone know how I can get the from field to accept the full list of emails without my needing to enter them one at a time? Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

Copy all Semicolon separated email addresses to notepad.

Are you using Send an email notification (v3) action? If yes, you can just copy paste all the addresses from notepad to Sender text field and run the Flow. It should work. If Semicolon does not work, use comma as seperator.

Like and Mark this as an answer if this resolves your issue. 

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, neither copy/pasting from notepad nor changing to commas solved issue.

The problem I'm running into is in the trigger "when a new email arrives" in the "advanced" field "from:".

I was able to copy paste... See below.. it did not wipe out.. I used IE Edge.. Can you try in Edge? May be clear Cache?

PrasadAthalye_0-1599919945943.png

Power Automate Community

Thanks for the further suggestions -- I tried clearing cache in chrome, using IE Edge and firefox, to no avail. 

Can you remove and add action again and try?

Power Automate Community

First thing I tried, but thanks!

empmidd
Regular Visitor

I noticed the "peek code" for the trigger -- reading that, I can see clearly where I could paste in all my "from" emails. Anyone know whether that code is accessible for editing? I'm guessing it's not, but feel like no questions are too silly at this point. Thanks!

Do you have admin access on your machine?

Can you please use other machine and see if situation changes?

Power Automate Community

I've tried using a different machine, it doesn't change the situation. Thanks, though.

empmidd
Regular Visitor

Update: I've given up on solving this issue and gone with manual entry!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,671)