cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
micjo01
Regular Visitor

How to lookup D365 account name

Hi,

In the D365 Opportunities entity we have a custom field named Potential Customer, which is a lookup field for Accounts entity.

I need to create a flow that retrieves the name of Potential Customer : for now it returns the GUID but I'm stuck on how to lookup the name of this GUID in the Accounts entity.

Any idea how to accomplish a lookup in Flow and return the name field ?

Thanks

Joeri

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is (or would be) the trigger for the flow?

I have a flow that my company uses for support cases that gets the customer (account) name when a case is updated. I’m more than happy to share the steps, but would like to know if it’s pertinent to your scenario, as different triggers invoke different options in the subsequent actions. 

The flow is triggered when a new Opportunity record is created in D365.

The trigger works but it's a matter of getting the Account lookup.

It looks like your flow is persistent to my case.  Thanks for sharing the steps.

Joeri

Hi @micjo01 ,

Get Record now supports formatted values. Once flow is invoked based on your trigger do Get Record based on your opportunity and all the lookup values will be shown 

http://linnzawwin.blogspot.com/2020/07/get-lookup-display-name-and-option-set.html

Thanks

rohentz
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @micjo01 how are you?

To retrieve the name of the account or contact at the customerid attribute you need to use the list records action and the expand query feature. 

Add the expand query: parentaccountid($select=name),parentcontactid($select=fullname)

Using that both attributes will be available to select, my sample below:

2020-07-23-001.jpg

Please let me know if this helped on your question, if so, mark the thread as answered.

Regards,

Rodrigo Hentz
Microsoft Support Engineer

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

AI Builder AMA June 7th carousel (up on May 25th, take down June 8th) (1).png

'Ask Microsoft Anything' about AI Builder!

The AI Builder team invite you to ask questions and provide helpful answers at our next AMA.

Users online (1,741)