cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vinoth1_
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to lookup the value from one sharepoint list to another using flow?

Hi,

I have a sharepoint list GET MDP, with Orderno & Email as column. both order no & email of the sales person will be registered from sales department when customer book an order.

1.JPG

I have another sharepoint list Defect registry, with Orderno & Email as column, whenever there is a quality defect happened in production, the operator will register the order number in sharepoint. and whenever an order is registered as defect in defect registry, i was thinking to build a flow to lookup the matching order number from Get MDP sharepoint & get the email of the salesperson & save the email unders the matching order no in Defect registry sharepoint list.

2.JPG

i made a flow, but its not working and giving me an error

3.JPG4.JPG

any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Vinoth1_  the filter query needs to be in below format, so please change it

Orderno eq <Select from Dynamic content - orderno>

Then you dont need a condition inside apply to each as Get Items will only return those items which match the order number so you can directly add Update item action under apply to each action.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@Vinoth1_  are you using filter query on get items action? If yes, then can you please provide what the filter query is? From error it looks like you are using wrong column name in filter query.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer

hi @annajhaveri ,

Yes, i used filter query, the filter query Orderno is associated with (when an item is created sharepoint list Orderno)

5.JPG

Hi @annajhaveri ,

can you also suggest, other ways to build a flow to perform the functions i requested or similar function to lookup & get values from another sharepoint list for the matching title/orderno?

@Vinoth1_  the filter query needs to be in below format, so please change it

Orderno eq <Select from Dynamic content - orderno>

Then you dont need a condition inside apply to each as Get Items will only return those items which match the order number so you can directly add Update item action under apply to each action.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

View solution in original post

Hi @annajhaveri ,

Many thanks for information.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (57,205)