cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

How to make 'For a selected row' give me all data in a row?

I am using the trigger 'For a selected row' to trigger a flow from Excel for a few rows at a time, firing multiple flows (one instance for each row.

I noticed that, unless I specifically use the trigger output variables, the trigger does not give me all the data in the row.

Say I have a table like this:

Header1Header2Header3
Item 112305/10/2020
Item 232105/11/2020

I want to convert the datetime to a usable format, so I initialize a variable with the following expression: 'formatDateTime(triggerBody()?['entity']?['Header3_Formatted'],'yyyy-MM-ddT00:00:00Z')'

If I trigger the flow with this setup, I won't get the data for Header3 in the trigger.

When I set a variable to the predefined trigger variable 'Header3 (Formatted)' and I trigger the flow, the trigger will give me the data for the Header3 column for this row.

Is there a way to force the trigger to give me all the data in every column without having to create an extra variable for every single column?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PresidentWillem ,

I'm afraid I don't quite understand your needs. Maybe you can cooperate with Flow configuration screenshots to illustrate your needs.

Generally speaking, we can use Compose to get Dynamic content. If you want to format the field value, then you can directly format the output of Compose, like:

202.PNG

In addition, if the type of Header3 field is Date, then its actual value is number, then in Power Automate, you need to use the expression to restore the number to Date first, please check the following thread:

Solved: Excel file to list flow: date issue - Power Platform Community

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PresidentWillem ,

I'm afraid I don't quite understand your needs. Maybe you can cooperate with Flow configuration screenshots to illustrate your needs.

Generally speaking, we can use Compose to get Dynamic content. If you want to format the field value, then you can directly format the output of Compose, like:

202.PNG

In addition, if the type of Header3 field is Date, then its actual value is number, then in Power Automate, you need to use the expression to restore the number to Date first, please check the following thread:

Solved: Excel file to list flow: date issue - Power Platform Community

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,609)