cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dave8
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

How to make "Create Event" action to be executed by any user in the organization?

Hello,

I am running through an interesting issue for "Create Event (v4)" actions to create calendar event, and after trying all my way, I am still not getting to the point in order to resolve my scenario.

Objective : Execute "Create Event (V4)" action by service account via flow for any user in the tenant.

High level steps: 1) Create a flow via "Service Account" on Power Apps Button Flow trigger and add Create Event V4 action that creates a meeting in a calendar with specified time. 2) Add this flow in the the PowerApps Button e.g. "App 1" with user permission 3) Share an app with other user eg. "Test User1"

Error: When "Test User1" tries to access "App 1" - It throws an error - "The specified object was not found in the store."

Graph API Approach: When I tried to create an event via Graph API in the flow using HTTP action, it has thrown the similar error for "Test User1" - "<<FlowName>>.Run failed: Connection not configured for this service." - which  means other user has to make a connection with the flow by adding a flow in the app from their end which is not a feasible approach.

Current Possible Solution : if I create a flow button type flow and provide "Run Only" access to other users in the same flow, then other users are able to access that flow and execute the "Create Event" action successfully.

Reason why above solution will not work: 1) I require to call a flow from the PowerApps/SharePoint list and not the "Flow Button" triggered flow 2) because "Flow Button" triggered flow can not be created in the solution, it should be called via "Run a Child flow" action, however that action only accepts "Solution aware" flow

Note: In all above scenarios, Service Account's Calendar was shared with all users.

Has anyone faced such situation? Can you address any possible solution here? May be the "Custom Connector" ? Or I am doing things inappropriately with the "Create Events" action to be worked for all users? Any help will be much appreciated!

Thank you for your time in advance!
5 REPLIES 5
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@dave8  You want events to be created in Service account's Calendar when flow is triggered by user from PowerApp? If yes, then i would suggest to create a child flow with service account, which has the main create event logic, and call that child flow from the parent flow which has powerapps trigger. 

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
dave8
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @annajhaveri 

Thanks for the response!

That approach I have tried already, however "Run a child flow" does not accepts "My flow" type flow which has a "Run time only" users possibility."Run a child flow" only accepts "Solution aware flow" as I stated in the question under "Reason why above solution will not work:"

Any further clue?

@dave8  you can use HTTP trigger for the child flow and then use HTTP action to call the child flow from parent flow, if you have access to premium connectors.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
dave8
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hello @annajhaveri 

Unfortunately, I can not use HTTP trigger as I stated in the requirement, the possible solution seems to be only create a "Flow Button" triggered flow which only allows to update "Run only" users and not any other type of flows.

Best,

dave8
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Surprisingly, today I am able to call instant flow from the solution as earlier instant flow was not appearing in the run a child flow action, now it does, hence my problem is solved:)

Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,466)