cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dkrish2020
Level: Powered On

How to map lookup field in update record action in flows.

Hello,

Iam creating and updating records by reading data through excel. For example contact record is created by reading excel data same way need to update newly created contact with account name if it is available in CRM. Using flows iam able to create records but while updating contact record with company name field it is failing due to company name field is lookup field and mapped field is account id which is not type of lookup.pls suggest how map for lookup feild in update record action after getting rows from crm.
7 REPLIES 7
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: How to map lookup field in update record action in flows.

HI @dkrish2020 

In CRM the lookup always points to the ID of the related record and to get the name of that record or mark it with the name of the field, you have to get the related record first and then map it accordingly. 

Please see the solved thread below and see if you can resolve the issue. Please post if you continue to face issues in this. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Sales-Rep-from-Dynamics-to-HTML-Table/m-p/291418#...

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

dkrish2020

@yashag2255

in update record action i have mapped company name with account name but still gettingg error as "resource not found". can you suggest what is the problem here.

dkrish2020

Please suggest how to map Company name lookup field in update record action of contact .

Capture.PNG

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @dkrish2020 

Can you please post a screenshot of the flow so that we can have a better understanding of the issue and assist you better that way?

dkrish2020

My Flow scenario : i am uploading contacts from excel and it contains contact fields and account name . During import of contacts and while creating contacts if the specified account name already exists in CRM link that account to contact or else create account and then update contact with newly created account.

Please see below flow screem shots 

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

dkrish2020

@yashag2255 please review above screenshots and let me know.

raaj_gokul
Level: Power Up

Hi

Is this issue resolved? Is it anyway possible to achieve this?

If the issue is solved, it will be great if the solution is shared.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,143)