Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryan2k
Resolver I
Resolver I

How to monitor a OD4B folder - and share that capability with users

Hi all-

There's a trigger "When a file is created" for One Drive For Business. I'd like to build similar functionality into an existing Flow that is shared with "Run Only" users. Is this possible?

I'm trying include an option for my users to have a OD4B folder monitored so that when files are added, the flow is then triggered.

In trying to avoid them having to go and build a "When a file is created" Flow themselves, but I can't seem to find a way to share that kind of Flow or build a similar operation.

Open to suggestions or ideas.. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
GeorgiosG
Super User
Super User

Hi @ryan2k ,

In your scenario „run only“ is not possible.

If you have a new flow you can send each of your your co-worker a copy of the flow

https://powerautomate.microsoft.com/de-de/blog/send-a-flow-as-a-copy/

Or create a mailbox, manage your colleges there and send the mail to the mailbox.

You can also think about storing the data into SharePoint and using the alert functionality.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/create-an-alert-to-get-notified-when-a-file-or-folder-cha...

Just a thought : what about posting it into teams (if in use)?

Happy to help.
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,984)