This is chandrashekar, i am trying to build an app to monitor emails based on subject. Currently i receive an email with subject saying that "Started" after 20 mins i will receive another email with subject saying that "Completed". I need help to build a flow whenever i receive a "Started" mail then logic flow should monitor for another 20 min and whenever we receive "Completed" mail it should send a message or notification else it should send fail message or notification. Your help is appreciated.
Hi @cashwath28 ,
Flow generally triggers on one particular event. So in your case email subject which monitors for subject as "Started". Also there is a flow step called "dealy until" which allows to wait the process until that specified condition is met. The next requirement is to monitor for "Completed" subject emails. I don't think it is possible to acheive within the same flow monitoring another subject after the initial trigger.
You may need couple of things here.
1. Create a flow step 'When a new email arrives'.
2. In your email subject along with Started use some unqiue identifier as well. Same identifier to use in Completed email as well. This way you can recognise the same email reference for Started and Completed.
eg: Started - Ref100, Completed - Ref100
3. Parse the Reference (eg: Ref100) & Started or Completed text using the split function from flow.
4. Check for subject "Started" or "Completed"
5. If "Started" then create a record (Three columns - Reference, Status, Date Expected To Complete) in Excel or a database of your choice (flow supported). Refernce will update as Ref100, Status column will update as Started or Completed and work out the Date Expected to complete from DateNow + 20 minutes
Trigger another new flow schduled interval to look every 5 minutes or so. Please note that here the trigger is every 5 minutes so an hour flow run 12 times and for a day its 288 times the flow runs.
Check for the Status Started and if DateTime is more than 20 minutes then send email.
It's not the straight foward way but it is achieveable. Have a look and see if this design fits your requirement or not.
Hi @abm ,
I am not able to understand 2nd part, i am struggling to imagine how part 2 works. If you dont mind could you explain me bit precisely.
I hope i am not disturbing you.