cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Akyn29
Level: Powered On

How to move GUID from a record in one CRM to another?

I've got a simple flow that (based on some rules) gets a record in CRM (in my case, adx_webpage, but it applies to any record) and moves it to another CRM environment. Everything gets moved without any problems, apart from the most obvious value, GUID! How do I ensure that my GUID remains the same in all environments? Currently it seems like Flow is absolutely useless as an integration tool - if my IDs are different in all environments I'm really stuck trying to retain some data consistency.

Please advise what I'm doing wrong...

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to move GUID from a record in one CRM to another?

Hi @Akyn29,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Could you please show a bit more about the GUID that you mentioned? Is it the unique identifier of the entity record?

Further, do you want to ensure your GUID (unique identifier of the entity record) remain the same in all environments?

I suppose that the GUID that you mentioned is the unique identifier of the entity record, is it true? If you want to ensure your GUID (unique identifier of the entity record) remain the same in all environments, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

The GUID (unique identifier of the entity record) would be generated by Dynamics 365 entity automatically and it is a System field which we could not edit or assign a value to it. The GUID (unique identifier of the entity record) of a record of a Dynamics 365 entity would be different within different environments.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Akyn29

Hi there

Yes all your assumptions are correct. This unfortunately means we cannot really use Flow for our purposes - without being able to "move" records between environments it is quite useless for the time being. Hopefully Microsoft add "migrate" as an action, it would really help take Flow off as a viable alternative to traditional data migration tools.

Thanks for your response!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Akyn29,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Could you please show a bit more about the GUID that you mentioned? Is it the unique identifier of the entity record?

Further, do you want to ensure your GUID (unique identifier of the entity record) remain the same in all environments?

I suppose that the GUID that you mentioned is the unique identifier of the entity record, is it true? If you want to ensure your GUID (unique identifier of the entity record) remain the same in all environments, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

The GUID (unique identifier of the entity record) would be generated by Dynamics 365 entity automatically and it is a System field which we could not edit or assign a value to it. The GUID (unique identifier of the entity record) of a record of a Dynamics 365 entity would be different within different environments.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Akyn29

Hi there

Yes all your assumptions are correct. This unfortunately means we cannot really use Flow for our purposes - without being able to "move" records between environments it is quite useless for the time being. Hopefully Microsoft add "migrate" as an action, it would really help take Flow off as a viable alternative to traditional data migration tools.

Thanks for your response!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,919)