cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
b0rg
Level: Power Up

How to only include items greater than date field

Hello,

I am trying to filter items from a list based on 3 conditions, send an email to the "Data.Provider", and write records to a new list.

The list:Capture2.PNG

3 Conditions:

Complete.Date >= 1/1/2019

Status = "Complete"

Modified by = !not me.

I am using basic editor and it looks like I can't just key in the date 1/1/2019. In my test runs I have gotten the errors:

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions for action at line '1' and column '2626': 'The template language function 'greaterOrEquals' expects two parameter of matching types. The function was invoked with values of type 'Null' and 'String' that do not match.'.

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions for action at line '1' and column '2628': 'The template language function 'greater' expects two parameter of matching types. The function was invoked with values of type 'Null' and 'String' that do not match.'.

What 2 parameters? 

Thanks in advance for any help!

Capture.PNG

PS - I have read other ways I might accomplish this but don't understand / can't get them to work.

Things like using "Switch" based on the Status field (because this only applies when Status in Complete)

or

Manual-->Get-->Filter-->Check if exists--> if not, Write it

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: How to only include items greater than date field

HI @b0rg 

You have to format the date and time string to achoieve this. 

In the condition, Completed is greater than part, on the right side remove that string from there and put the cursor in and on the tab at the ritght click on expression editor and use the expression: 

formatDateTime('2018-12-31T:00:00:00z','dd/MM/yyyy')

fhdhd.PNG

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to only include items greater than date field

Hi @b0rg ,

First please check the format of Complete.Date is yyyy-MM-dd. If it is, you need to fill the following expression on the right side.

Expression reference:

formatDateTime('2019-01-01','yyyy-MM-dd')

In addition, for the other two conditions, if the type of Status is Choice, you need to select Status Value instead of Status.

When judging whether Modified by is the specified user, please select Modified by Email and fill the corresponding user's email address on the right.

Please try again.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,795)