cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

How to pick up forename of person email is being sent to

Hi,

I have created a simple flow that will send out an email when a form has been completed for a change request.  This email needs to go to our change managers so I have entered their emails in as duplicate user profiles but am struggling to work out how the email that is sent out can be individually styled e.g. having two managers who need to get the email, Mr Pink and Mr White who have been entered individually as a profile and having the email say "Dear Mr White," for the email going to them and "Dear Mr Pink" for their email.

I am sure there is probably a  really simple way of doing this but I've reached my coffee limit for the day trying to work out what that simple solution is!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

@MothEatenBadger  there are other ways of doing it, but a simple and quick solution is to use parallel branching. Yes you will need to replicate the email in each branch but you could copy that action to the clipboard and paste it in from there, changing the dynamic content for the different fields in the email.

parallelBranching.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

hi @MothEatenBadger , you can can get manger display name from email and add them in a body.

Capture.JPG

So if email address is changed display name will also changed .

Thanks,

Harry_G

Highlighted

I'm not sure if either I don't understand your solution or if it won't work for this instance.

The email generated will always (until they leave) be going to the same three people.  I think I am either going to have to replicate the email three times so each one goes to the specific named person or just have the email address the display name of each of the three recipients x, y and z which is messy but possibly better than repeating the email.

Highlighted

@MothEatenBadger  there are other ways of doing it, but a simple and quick solution is to use parallel branching. Yes you will need to replicate the email in each branch but you could copy that action to the clipboard and paste it in from there, changing the dynamic content for the different fields in the email.

parallelBranching.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi @RobElliott 

I really appreciate your response, it looks a bit crazy having parallel lines just to send out the same email to three different users but it does make it easy to amend should they change roles and need replacing.  Thank you very much for helping me out 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,306)