cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

How to populate a word document with images?

I am creating a powerapp application form that allows  users to take pictures. I want to however populate the images in the form of a word document to then send to the user.

How can i do so? So far, i can only populate a word document with text. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @jaiyeko 

Once yo uhave the binary content of the image in Flow, you can use the below format to populate that image in a word template with a image content type field in the template.ee33.png

You can refer to this blog on passing image files from PowerApps to flow using the JSON function. https://www.appliedis.com/newly-released-json-function-for-powerapps/

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi there

Thank you for your very helpful comment.

I want to allow users to take multiple photos and then populate as many photos they take into a word document. Is this possible? Can i use your method for this?

@yashag2255 

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @jaiyeko 

You would have to create those many number of fields in the Word Template first. And then pass all the images from Powerapps and loop through them to create individual files (and contentbytes as we have in the variable) now put all of them individually in the word template action. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted

Hi @yashag2255 ,

Is there a way to acheive this using the array function and repeating section control?

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @sh020ho 

Support for repeating control has been recently added and you can check that here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/wordonlinebusiness/#createfileitem

Hope this Helps!

Highlighted

@yashag2255 I was wondering if you could help me achieve this. I currently have setup a repeating section document but have not been able to pass images.

I have an unique Audit id for each file that is in SP doc libary and and images need to be pulled for that particular id , loaded into word doc and then saved/sent as a pdf report. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (13,981)