cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New2Flow
Frequent Visitor

How to populate multiple Bucket Ids from SharePoint list when create a planner task?

Greetings,

I am creating a new Planner task for each new SharePoint item and post to Teams. Basically need to be able to populate the Bucket Id from a field labeled "Stage" from my list in Sharepoint. But I received the error message below:

Capture.PNG

My flow's diagram:
Capture.PNG

Ultimately, my goal is to create tasks in SharePoint with Stages and Planner can assign the tasks by Stages(bucket).

Can anyone help me with the error? I'm new to Flow...Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
edgonzales
Super User II
Super User II

@New2Flow 

Hi there. So, first, I'd like to make sure you are getting that error on the step "Create a Task", or is it showing someplace else?

Next, we want to make certain that the Stage field in your SP list contains the actual ID of the buckets you want to use.  Those aren't inherently connected.

Seeing the rest of the error might help, at least the line with "Message".

Either way, keep us posted.

-Ed-

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @New2Flow ,

It should be noted that this field needs to be filled with id instead of Bucket Name.

You could use Compose to output Stage Value on Create a task action to see if its actual value meets the requirements.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @edgonzales ,

Yes, I got the error on the step "Create a Task". Do you have any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thank you.

Hi @v-bacao-msft ,

Can you be more specific on the solution? I got the Bucket ids (i.e., 3 bucket ids in my case), but how can I fill the field? Thank you.

@New2Flow 

The point we are asking on the Bucket ID's is to make certain we're using the same process to troubleshoot.  When we look at the buckets through the front end of Planner, we see what is called the "name".  In my pic below, you can see that I have a bucket named "Demo", but the ID is a little further down (the long string that starts with 7ew...).  That is the unique identifier that the step wants when defining the specific bucket.

20200116a.PNG

If that doesn't correlate to your "Stage Value" in your SP list, then things will bomb out.

If your buckets are pretty static, then you can make a quick flow to list the buckets in the plan and then build a list connecting the bucket name to the ID's, OR just add the relevant ID's to your SP list somewhere.

Keep at it, this is a good process and will work great once we get past this bit.

-Ed-

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (108,387)