cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ranjeet_7396
Frequent Visitor

How to post automatic Birthday post (1 per day) on Yammer for large user base (~27000 users)?

Hi All,

I am new to Power Automate and am tasked by my organization to automatically post Birthday and New joiner messages on Yammer. The yammer group consists of around 27000 users and is growing continuously daily.

I have been able to create the flow for posting BDay messages for individual users. But 27000 user base means many people would have their birthdays on a single day. And so many individual posts on Yammer aren't what is desirable. 

Thus, can any of you please help create a flow for this scenario and show how it could be done? Are there any limitations please?

I am all eyes and ears to you all. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

@Ranjeet_7396  Hi there,

So are you looking to do a single post each day with a "Happy Birthday to the following people:" and then a list?

Keep us posted.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Hi @edgonzales 

Thank you so much for replying to my post. 🙂 Yes, exactly. This is what we are trying to achieve.

Ok, cool.  So, I imagine you've got a way to pull everyone's birthday together already, ya?  Take a look at this article that might get you started:

Group a List for a Summary Using Power Automate

The only thing I'm not sure of is if the Post a Message in Yammer will support an HTML table.  If not, you'll need to do some different formatting to make it look pretty in the post.

Keep us posted.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,994)