Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
efialtes
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

How to post on yammer external network group

Hi all

I belong to several yammer groups defined both in my company parent network and also in external networks.

I have been playing with Action Block "Yammer Post Message" and when checking "Group ID" options I just see Parent Network groups I belong to, but none of the external networks groups I belong to.

If I enter GRoup ID from an external network group I belong to and execute flow, the post fails. If I enter GRoup ID from a parent network group I belong to, the post suceeds.

Is this a Yammer API limitation, or an Action Block limitation? Any workaround suggested?

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kartikraop
Power Automate
Power Automate

This is a limitation of the Yammer connector (or action block). When you consent a Yammer connection with your credentials, it grants access only to the primary network. Few additional API calls need to be made in order to get access to external networks. Currently the connector does not support this. I will forward this request to the relevant team so that they fix this in a future rollout.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kartikraop
Power Automate
Power Automate

This is a limitation of the Yammer connector (or action block). When you consent a Yammer connection with your credentials, it grants access only to the primary network. Few additional API calls need to be made in order to get access to external networks. Currently the connector does not support this. I will forward this request to the relevant team so that they fix this in a future rollout.

@kartikraop

Thank you for your detailed explanation!

Is there an update on this? We need this for a large rollout of Yammer.

Hello, what additional calls to API need to be run to get the possibility to post on External Network?

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,593)