cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

How to prevent duplicate emails on a sharepoint list?

We currently have a SharePoint Designer workflow for our onboarding process and I have been experimenting with it in flow.

I am trying to find a way to prevent duplicate notifications when the people involved are notified and not yet completed with them.

The only way my simple brain could think would be a checkbox so i started creating one for every notification that i update to processed and then the workflow continues, The problems with this are , its a pain in the but, and the fields show up when we add a new item to the list.

Here is a shot of what im doing right now please tell me im doing this wrong ! 🙂

At the Offer Letter Check i check to verify they have been sent one and the box is checked, and if the Vendor Setup email has been sent or not and then after the email is sent I update the VendorSetupSent to Yes and this continues for every notification!

@and(equals(triggerBody()?['Offer_x0020_Letter'], bool(1)),not(equals(triggerBody()?['VendorSetupSent'], bool(1))))

2016-12-15_10-34-36.jpg

Thanks again for any help!

5 REPLIES 5
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @joecervantes,

It looks ok to me. Is this working for you? Another way you could think is create a similar list and once it's been approved move to a new list.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials

Yeah, this works but I was hoping for another way because there are a lot of notifications and the boolean columns show up on the form We would need to fill out andf its a little tedious! 🙂 

Maybe I will just continue this way for now and then figure out how to hide the fields on the form, if this is the only way to get this going.

Any other simpler solutions or is this method my only way at pressent? 

I have a similar problem, and looking at searches on the internet we aren't alone!..

One workaround I've done, is to change the 'flag' details that prompt the email in the first place via a new process. So for example, in a field that has a condition (if  cell contains 'Send Email') it then sends an email. Then there is my 'immediate' follow on process which changes that cell value to ' EMAIL SENT'.

This does work to a fashion, as any subsequent editing of that particular row will now see the EMAIL SENT value, and not send an email. 

I have this running on 3 cells within a row and its not perfect, as the input (basically there are 3 departments that 'may' need informing if a new row entry requires their attention) that the timing between the item being saved on SharePoint online does mean that I do get those 3 departements receiving 'up to' 3x copies of the same email. Its so frustrating, as the Flow can't be any simpler.

My issue it seems is purely down to speed of service.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,555)