cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abi_123

How to re-run a previous step in my flow if a "Condition" defined using "Control" action is not met. i.e. "Condition" outputs as "false"

Hi,

I have created a flow in MS Teams using which I can send an adaptive card to a teams user and wait for a response. After a user submits the response (in a input.text field in adaptive card), then the response value is added in to a table in an Excel file.

Now here, If user enters any non-alphabetical characters in input.text field and he submits, then I want to send him back a message "Please enter valid value". And then re-run the flow from the previous step. i.e. sending again the adaptive card that I sent earlier.

This flow should not proceed further to the next step, that is, updating the Excel file, until the value submitted by user in input.text field contains alphabetical characters.

How can I do that? I tried using "Do Until" but that doesn't help as I have to add a new adaptive card again in the Do Until section and then the outputs of this card are different than the card I created in previous step. So I cannot use this as I won't know which cards outputs I need to insert in Excel table.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
AnthonyAmador
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @abi_123 

Try using the configuration run after.

AnthonyAmador_0-1624389791504.png

AnthonyAmador_1-1624389868140.png

Let me know if that helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,943)