cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
saschwarz
Level: Power Up

How to remove From field from "When a new email arrives"? Enter a valid email address

I've created a flow and I had temporarily specified a "From" email address during my testing. Now I'd like to remove that restriction and have the flow run when I receive any email from any sender. When I delete the email address I get the following error:

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 11.36.48 AM.png

How can revert to not specifying any From email?

I found I can Peek the code and see there are two newlines in the field:

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 11.45.30 AM.png

But I can't seem to delete them.

Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Piper
Level 8

Re: How to remove From field from "When a new email arrives"? Enter a valid email address

Can you try setting the field to an empty string variable? Alternatively you could recreate the trigger and never populate the From field.

Piper
Level 8

Re: How to remove From field from "When a new email arrives"? Enter a valid email address

Actually, you might have the extra line feeds in there as the From box is bigger than the default size.  Use your delete key to clear or Ctrl+A then Delete.

I hope one of these helps.

saschwarz

Thanks for the ideas. I can't add or replace the trigger. t looks like I'll have to recreate my entire flow(?)

I tried exporting/editing/importing the flow but the import keeps failing with "Something went wrong. Please try again later."  (Even if I just exporting, unzip, zip, import w/o editing) the import fails too. Maybe because I'm on a Mac and zip isn't producing the same file format as the importer expects(?).

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @saschwarz ,

You could try moving the mouse directly into From field and clicking Backspace key to remove the extra lines.

777.gif

In addition, about exporting and importing Flow, it seems that it is because of the operating system, so there is such an error.

You could consider using Send a copy or Save As and then clear From field in the new Flow.

81.PNG

Please try a few more times, this may be just an accidental mistake.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
saschwarz

Thanks for your ideas. I tried each of your ideas:

On Chrome clicking backspace does not delete the empty row - that's the first thing I tried. The cursor just stays on the empy line Man Sad Maybe that only works in Edge?

The UI won't let me Send a Copy because I have to delete the emails first and I can't save it when I delete the emails!!!

Save As doesn't work because I still can't delete the empty rows in the new copy.

Can you report the delete problem as a bug on Chrome? There does not seem to be a workaround.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Flow Online Conference

Join us for a FULL day of FREE Microsoft Flow Sessions from some of the best minds in the industry!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

thirdImage

New Flow Community Board!

Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 40 members 4,197 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: