cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
P_Paul
Frequent Visitor

How to report a new created app or flow

Hello

I would like to know if there is a way to build a automated flow which would report new created apps and flows in whole tenant. I can imagine a scenario when someone create a new app or flow and getting email message containing some basic rules, informations etc. Also similar message going to administrators informing them about new object in tenant.

I have not found any conectors to do this.  Do you have any idea how to realize such a scenario?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alrez
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

I couldn't find any trigger that would trigger on flow creation so I dont think it is possible to set this up fully as described.

After a bit of brainstorming through I did think of a way that might produce very similar results. Looking at the flow management connector below; I found that you can pull a list of all Flows in your tenant and from there you can pull the flow owner. So my thought is that you would set up a reoccuring flow that runs every hour or so that pulls a list of all your flows in your tenant. Then you have another Excel document with a list of flows already in the environment on the side and compare that list of flows in your tenant to the Excel document. If there are any non-matches it will then send an email to that flow owner and add that flow to the Excel document.

Admittedly as I type this, this does seem very complicated but given my knowledge of Flows I think this would be doable. But if you are struggling to build this this might be something you want to take to a partner to help you build.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/flowmanagement/#actions

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
alrez
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

I couldn't find any trigger that would trigger on flow creation so I dont think it is possible to set this up fully as described.

After a bit of brainstorming through I did think of a way that might produce very similar results. Looking at the flow management connector below; I found that you can pull a list of all Flows in your tenant and from there you can pull the flow owner. So my thought is that you would set up a reoccuring flow that runs every hour or so that pulls a list of all your flows in your tenant. Then you have another Excel document with a list of flows already in the environment on the side and compare that list of flows in your tenant to the Excel document. If there are any non-matches it will then send an email to that flow owner and add that flow to the Excel document.

Admittedly as I type this, this does seem very complicated but given my knowledge of Flows I think this would be doable. But if you are struggling to build this this might be something you want to take to a partner to help you build.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/flowmanagement/#actions

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,278)