cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LohithaSannathi
Helper III
Helper III

How to resubmit the Request for Approval using custom responses "Request for more Information"

Hi 

I have Start and Wait for an approval with Approval Type "Custom Responses - Wait for one Response"

Here i have 3  Response Options - Approve, Reject, Request for more Information

When Approver clicks on "Request for more Information" , how to send the request back to Requestor , how does Requestor sends request to Approver for Approval ?

My first Trigger to initiate workflow is -> When New item created in Sharepoint

Here in my case i cannot use Trigger -> "When new item created or modified in Sharepoint" because i have  3 levels of Approval so i am updating Items based on Approval Responses and Capturing the Statuses at each level ,if i use Trigger "When new item created or modified in Sharepoint" , Approver Starts getting email for all of the Trigger "update item" used in My Flow.

Can you please tell me how to achieve this. Quick Responses are highly Appreciated.

Thanks

Lohitha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LohithaSannathi ,

For the first question, the requester should request for an approval again, it should start another flow.

For the second question, you could create a "ModifyByFlow" column in the sharepoint list, you could set the column value to True when the item is modified by "Update item" action in flow,  and you could add a Condition under the trigger to check the value of the column to identify if the email could be sent.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LohithaSannathi ,

For the first question, the requester should request for an approval again, it should start another flow.

For the second question, you could create a "ModifyByFlow" column in the sharepoint list, you could set the column value to True when the item is modified by "Update item" action in flow,  and you could add a Condition under the trigger to check the value of the column to identify if the email could be sent.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

Hi @LohithaSannathi  Maeby you could do this.

mas detalles 1.PNG

mas detalles 2.PNG

So in the last condition when the outcome is send details, you can start another aprobe.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Hi @ChristianAbata @v-alzhan-msft 

Hi 

As you suggested i have "Do-Until" condition -> outcome of response/1st approver status " Is equal to" Request for more information -> Start and wait for approval (2)-> "Approve" / "Reject" , if outcome reject ok,there is no furthur step but if approved

(again i will have build steps from here but adding switch case, case -approve, Case Reject (instead do we have any functionality sending the control to directly certain point) 🙂

As here i have 3 levels of approval so based on outcome of start and wait for approval (2) ,Can we have "go to" Step say "Start and wait for approval (3) / (4) -- Remember i have 3 levels of approvals and for 2 levels there is option of "Request for more information".

Thanks

Lohitha

Hi @LohithaSannathi I know that does not exits someting like go to -> some step.

Maeby you can use do until if you are worried about the levels so you can encapsule the approval levels.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

@ChristianAbata 

Hi 

For Response option -"Request for more information" -> i will use DO-UNTIL by giving conditon Approver1 _Status "Is equal to" Request for more information.

next action "Start wait for approval" -> Again here i will need to handle for response options for "Approve", "Reject". If there is possibility of transferring the control it will good. Hope you understand my point.

Thanks

Lohitha

No @LohithaSannathi  sorry but you can't transfer the control.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

@ChristianAbata @v-alzhan-msft 

Hi 

I understand that to add action "Start and Wait for approval" After clicking Request for more information option in Approval mail

Here is my Question

Once Approver clicks on "Request for more information" Option in mail -> email will be sent to requester saying" your approver requested for more information" , I have user interface of Power APPS with Datasource as Sharepoint, Now Requestor will submit the change successfully (how does ur flow identify that Requestor submitted a change). I tried using Trigger inside "When item created /Modified "Still it didn't work. Some of the TestCases have been Failed.

Looks like Microsoft Flow is not able to handle "Request for more information" Option .

Please let me know your thoughts. Quick responses are highly appreciated.

Thanks

Lohitha

Hi Lohitha,

Did you get any solutions for the above?. Pls let me know, even i have the same req.

Thanks

Vishnu

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,406)