Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robin1988
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to retrieve file name and extension from file out of Dataverse in flow

Hello all,

I'm looking for the file name and extension of the file I downloaded in my flow this to use later on in email attachment. Does anyone know?

In my flow you see I'm downloading the file. So I can paste the content later on, but not the name. So I need to know its extension and name.

PAF.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Robin1988 ,

You could use get row action to get the file name and extension.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1644372657809.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Robin1988 ,

You could use get row action to get the file name and extension.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1644372657809.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Robin1988
Helper IV
Helper IV

Ah there it is! Thx for your replay 🙂

Robin1988
Helper IV
Helper IV

@v-xiaochen-msft  maybe one more question, how to get it out and retrieve back in a single string?

MrHospers

Stumbled on this question/ solution. But you cab grab the data with the "Get record" but then you still aren't able to access the file name. I'll need to parse the JSON from the Get record and after that you are all set. 

Hi @v-xiaochen-msft 

is there a way we can update the value of the field "crba2_test_file_name'? This field is not available in flow to update under 'Update a row' action.

thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (2,754)