cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lexicron
Resolver II
Resolver II

How to run a child flow? I have read and checked the requisite steps but still getting an error

1. Both my parent and child flows are part of a solution.
  2. My child flow has a "respond to a powerapp or flow" action (although I'm not entirely clear what to put in it).
  3. I have changed my child flow's run-only users to use a defined connection instead of the default run-only user.
  4. My child flow is currently set up to also function as its own standalone flow. It does not use a "when a HTTP request is received" trigger. It uses its own manual triger with user inputs (2 date fields, as you'll see below in the first screenshot).
  5. My child flow does not actually need to pass any information back to the parent flow. They just need to run one after another.

My parent flow calls the child flow as its very last step, like so:

Clipboarder.2020.06.09-003.png

My child flow has the response action as its very last step, like so:

Clipboarder.2020.06.09.png

And here is my child flow's run user connections:

Clipboarder.2020.06.09-004.png

The error I am still getting:

The workflow with id 'f1959090-aba4-ea11-a812-000d3a6aaf70', name Export Resident cannot be used as a child workflow because it is missing a response action.

What else should I do? Am I supposed to edit my parent flow to somehow receive and validate the response sent by my child flow? How do I do that? Is there an action for that?

I just want two flows to run one after another, so that my users are only required to click one button and not two. Is this absolutely most basic requirement of running a flow from another flow somehow not supported by "run a child flow"? Does it have to be complicated by adding responses and HTTP/JSON whatevers to the recipe?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lexicron
Resolver II
Resolver II

I solved my problem.

In my child flow, I used the Response action under the Request connection:

Clipboarder.2020.06.09-005.png

And this is my very basic Response action:

Clipboarder.2020.06.09-006.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Lexicron
Resolver II
Resolver II

I solved my problem.

In my child flow, I used the Response action under the Request connection:

Clipboarder.2020.06.09-005.png

And this is my very basic Response action:

Clipboarder.2020.06.09-006.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (83,544)