Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shershaah07
Frequent Visitor

How to run a flow once every year.

Hi All, 

I want to create a flow which runs once every year,

So what I tried is, I used scheduled flow and kept condition as 12 Month Interval and kept start time as random time and kept time zone as per India, and then manually changed the system date and time exactly after 12 months and set time just 1 minute before the start time. and waited for the flow to get triggered as soon as it equals the start time and date after 12 months from start date, but flow didn't run. So, what can be done to resolve this?

4 REPLIES 4
David-
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Most likely your flow has been turned off if you are only running it once per year. If a flow is not run within 90 days, Microsoft automatically turns it off, however you should have received e-mails that this happened. I would suggest that you run your flow daily and add a condition to check if the current date is the date you want the flow to execute. 

To do this, add a compose action and set the value to formatDatetime(utcNow(),'MM-dd') and in the condition set where the value of the compose action is equal to your month and day you want it to run (for example 08-26 if you wanted it to run on August 26 each year). If it meets the condition you can do whatever steps are needed and if not, the flow ends.

When you say you changed the system date, did you change the date on your computer? If so, that has no effect on flows as that is not where it gets the datetime from. 

rohentz
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Shershaah07 how are you?

As documented at Limits and configuration - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs flow with errors will be disable in 14 days, not triggered (dormant) flows will be expired in 90 days for Free, Trial, Community and Microsoft 365 Plans. There is no expiration limit for all other licenses. 

So, it is possible to run the flow once a year but based on license associated to the flow. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about the information provided.

Regards

Rodrigo Hentz

Microsoft Power Platform Support Engineer

Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Edit: I need to grab another coffee. I just suggested what @David- already suggested 😂. Ignore my reply and happy Friday!

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

Hi @Expiscornovus thanks for the reply. As the requirement post by @Shershaah07 it is possible to run the flow each year adding the parameter 12 months and adding a start date. But taking care about the license. With a license, for sample, that is not a Power Automate by User, another approach needs to be verified. 

Regards

Rodrigo Hentz

Microsoft Power Platform Support Engineer

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (4,765)