cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run an approval workflow beyond 30 days?

Hi,

I have a requirement to run approval workflow process for more than 30 days and also need to send in reminder emails. Please let me know the best approach to handle this in Power Automate? This workflow trigger is ‘For a Selected File’.

Greatly appreciate all your help. Thank you in advance.

Regards

Sravya

3 REPLIES 3
yashkamdar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello Team,

There was an idea submitted for this particular problem and a solution was devised to handle this.

I know there are cases where responding to an approval can take longer than 30 days and so with approvals stored in the Common Data Service, you can now create flows that act on responses to approval requests, even after the original flow run has timed-out.

To do this, you will use two flows – one to send an approval request and the other to run business logic on the outcome of the approval once responses to it have been received

Please take a look at these workaround that will surely definitely help you out-

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Community-Blog/Build-long-running-Approval-Flows/...

There is another workaround over here-

https://www.sharepointsiren.com/2018/10/approval-flow-with-weekly-reminder-getting-passed-30-day-lim...

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hi @yashkamdar 

Thank you for your response. I see that the CDS connector can be used but they are creating a second approval ( business logic) based on the outcome of the first flow i.e create an approval request. What if there was no response within 30 days. How does the second flow trigger itself? 

Appreciate your help.

Regards

Sravya

Hello Team,

Oops, I think we are not in same page.

You should really look at this article - https://www.sharepointsiren.com/2018/10/approval-flow-with-weekly-reminder-getting-passed-30-day-lim...

This will keep sending reminders to a certain group of people regarding the Flow Approval .

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,803)