cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juresti
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

How to select a sharepoint or excel file without clicking the folder?

How do you select a file on sharepoint or excel for example, without having to click on the folder to find the file?

08.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
juresti
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

This is how you select a file with sharepoint or excel, and maybe other connectors as well, without selecting it from the drop down.

**Note, you can also manually type in a table name for the excel file, like this example where I list rows of a table.

It is very simple really.

Type in the path / file name starting with the shared documents folder like so:

%252fShared%2bDocuments%252fAppFiles%252fFileName.xlsx

%252f = /
%2b = space

This should be very useful when the file does not exist yet but you know it will.

The flow will probably need "run after settings" or a parallel, etc.. changed in case the file is really not found.

It probably won't work to write data since it needs to see the columns, and can't see them if they are not there yet. I have not tried this though.

I still find it very useful for the different flows we have that deal with files.

As you can see, it will work with many of the actions.

07.PNG09.PNG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
juresti
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

This is how you select a file with sharepoint or excel, and maybe other connectors as well, without selecting it from the drop down.

**Note, you can also manually type in a table name for the excel file, like this example where I list rows of a table.

It is very simple really.

Type in the path / file name starting with the shared documents folder like so:

%252fShared%2bDocuments%252fAppFiles%252fFileName.xlsx

%252f = /
%2b = space

This should be very useful when the file does not exist yet but you know it will.

The flow will probably need "run after settings" or a parallel, etc.. changed in case the file is really not found.

It probably won't work to write data since it needs to see the columns, and can't see them if they are not there yet. I have not tried this though.

I still find it very useful for the different flows we have that deal with files.

As you can see, it will work with many of the actions.

07.PNG09.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (6,240)