cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
esilvac
Advocate I
Advocate I

How to send a Word Document as an email attachment?

Hi, I am trying to create  a Flow in where a Word document is populated to later send it on a email as an attachment but whenever I put the file in the attachment, I get such an Email (not the content that is inside the Word Document): 

Screenshot (2).png

This is how my Flow is looking right now:

Screenshot (3).png

How can I solve this problem? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
esilvac
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi thanks for the help and sorry for the delay in my reply, I noticed I had some errors in the connectors I had used and decided to use the SharePoint connectors to get the document I needed and it worked perfectly! Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

Hi there, 

Can we see how your attachment is configured in the Send An Email action? Is it using File Content and File Name? Where is the Word Document stored? What is the intent of the "Compose" action for the Word file? 

I have a feeling that after your Word template is populated, you will need to use a "Get File" action and get the file content and name, and attach that to your email ... but like I say, need to see some details first 🙂 

Did this answer your question? Please mark it as the solution.
Did it contribute positively towards finding the final solution? Please give it a thumbs up.

I answer questions on the forum for 2-3 hours every Thursday!

esilvac
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi thanks for the help and sorry for the delay in my reply, I noticed I had some errors in the connectors I had used and decided to use the SharePoint connectors to get the document I needed and it worked perfectly! Thanks

Hi @esilvac ,

Congratulations!

It seems that your problem have been solved by yourself.

Maybe you could consider marking your reply as a 'solution' to close the case.

Best Regards,
Charlie Choi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,616)