cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndrewWilson911
Regular Visitor

How to send an attachment that is selected based on parameters in a list

Hi,

I have set up a flow that sends an email to a user when they create an item in a list.

I am trying to have the email attach a file based on parameters within one of the fields.

e.g. if (listA-Column"Tool value" =v6), then (attach v6Tool), else (attach v7 tool)

The attachment appeasr to allow for an expression but not sure how I get that expression to point to th list or column etc.

Regards

Andrew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi  @AndrewWilson911 ,

If it is a file stored in the SharePoint Library, use Get file metadata using path and Get file content using path to get the file content and file name.

Can't you view the screenshots I provided?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AndrewWilson911 ,

Could you provide more details about the menu value of Tool value? Type and more.

In addition, the attachment you mentioned is stored, SharePoint Library or OneDrive?

Suppose the type of column you mentioned is single line of text, and the file is stored in the SharePoint library. Please refer to the screenshot below to configure Flow.

Image reference:

40.PNG

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I think this looks really helpful!

The values in the column will be either 'AMEM v6.0' or 'AMEM v7.0'

I assume I can then just use either one for the 'is equal to' conditon

do I need both metadata and content to return the file to enable it to be sent?

Thanks for your help

Hi @AndrewWilson911 ,

Yes, we need File display name and file content.

Best Regards,

sorry so if full link to file is:

https://intelthink.sharepoint.com/AMCL/PandS/Assessment?viewpath=%2FAMCL%2FPandS%2FAssessment&id=%2F...

and filename is:

AMEM v6.0 (organisation name - version number).xls

which parts do I put where?

Hi  @AndrewWilson911 ,

If it is a file stored in the SharePoint Library, use Get file metadata using path and Get file content using path to get the file content and file name.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Thank you for your help this is now working!!!

Legend!

@v-bacao-msft wrote:

Hi  @AndrewWilson911 ,

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (12,253)