cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsarlii
Frequent Visitor

How to send email only to selected members of SharePoint group?

Hey guys,

I am struggling with my flow which is sending email notification only to selected members of SharePoint group. The problem is that all available tutorials are showing how to send email to all members.

Example of users in SharePoint group:

User 1 - Job Title: Accountant

User 2 - Job Title: Manager

User 3 - Job Title: Director

User 4 - Job Title: Accountant

I want to send the email only to Managers and Director(s). Is it doable to check the job title and send to email only to specific users?

Thank you for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jason_c_wyatt
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Hi,

A low code way of doing this you could try is to use the 'list group members' action and then a 'for each' loop with a condition then compares job title against your required list. If it's a match send the email:

jason_c_wyatt_0-1627308069199.png

This relies on you 365 profiles having the correct Job Titles.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
eliotcole
Power Participant
Power Participant

I'm not sure that I have an easy answer off the top of my head, however any answer I do make would likely use the

"Send an HTTP request to SharePoint" action pretty prominently.

Also ... this might assist you with your forward planning on this ... you can create a SharePoint group that contains that subgrouping:

1. Go to /_layouts/15/user.aspx
  2. Add a new group (ensure you get permissioning right) maybe called something like "DirMgrs"
  3. Add the other groups in to the new one

Otherwise, yeah, good luck ... but perhaps look into what you can do with API calls in the HTTP request. 🙂

jason_c_wyatt
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Hi,

A low code way of doing this you could try is to use the 'list group members' action and then a 'for each' loop with a condition then compares job title against your required list. If it's a match send the email:

View solution in original post

I like it ... but ... heh ... it also relies on the SharePoint Groups matching the 365 groups ... which could not be a thing, too (if my experience is anything to go by 😅).

@jason_c_wyatt wrote:

Hi,

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,860)