cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmistry
Level 8

How to send email to distinct emails to notify about overtime request approval

Hi,

I have a flow that runs once every two weeks on Friday on a recurrence schedule. Below is the screenshot of same.

Capture.JPG

As you see above, it gets overtime items from last two weeks from sp list and then creates a table, lastly using send email with options action, I am sending one email showing tabular view of items like below.

Capture.JPG

This email basically goes to the office manager and once reviewed, Approve is clicked from the email body, so on Approve, flow then performs last action, updating status column from 'Pending' to Approved for all these items. Now once this is approved, I would like to send employee an email that your pending overtime requests have been approved for the last two weeks.

Now if I do add 'send an email' and send to 'Empployee Name Email' from get items, SharePoint user is going to get 4 separate emails so somehow I want to grab distinct emails, store them in variable and use that to send emails out, that way only one email is sent out post approval to the user. Can someone please help me achieve this, thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to send email to distinct emails to notify about overtime request approval

Hi @dmistry ,

Please format the Unique names variable with string and join by ; refer to my screenshot below:

1.png

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: How to send email to distinct emails to notify about overtime request approval

@dmistry 

Here is a link to a blog post that details one techique of accomplishing your goal.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
dmistry
Level 8

@ScottShearer  Thanks for sharing that article, was very helpful. 

I am testing and looks like I am able to fetch the unique emails for respective users, however my send an email action seems to be failing like below.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG234.JPG

Both the emails are valid, no issue with that but in my thinking may be its not liking the way emails are passed into the  'To' box for send an email action. Please see my testing flow screenshots below:

Flow1.pngFlow2.JPG

Thoughts, can you please let me know what is worng here, many thanks in advance.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @dmistry ,

Please format the Unique names variable with string and join by ; refer to my screenshot below:

1.png

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
dmistry
Level 8

@v-alzhan-msft  Excellent, thank you so much, that worked. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 228 members 5,298 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: