cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

How to set Lookup field Values from Excel to dynamic 365 ?

Hello, I have retrived records from excel spreadsheet, I want to create records in dynamics 365 based on some condition, but my Create Record Action keeps failing, when it encounters a lookup field in dynamics, even when the value in excel is an existing lookup record in dynamic. My record now is, how do i assign value to lookup field from values in an excel spreadsheet ?

Thanks.

@abm @yashag2255 pls lok at this.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II
Super User II

@onyebuchiboss - Hi there.

Have we tried creating the record using the ID of the value, rather than the value itself?  For each "display name" (for lack of a better word) in a dropdown, there is usually an ID assigned.  I'm wondering, if like the user/GUID thing, it's looking for the ID rather than the text value.

Keep us posted.

-Ed-

If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Yes I know it's looking for an ID, but  cant a text lookup be done ? @edgonzales 

I don't think directly, no.  Maybe someone else can weigh in differently.

You might consider getting the option sets into Excel using something like XrmToolBox and the having your Flow grab the ID's for the equivalent text value in your trigger.  Basically, building a series of translation tables in Excel so that D365 knows exactly what you want to do.

-Ed-

@edgonzales This is a good option. I will try. Thanks 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (12,469)