cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdc604
Level 8

How to set person field in Flow: Send HTTP Request to SharePoint?

I've been playing with Flow: Send HTTP Request to SharePoint to create items in a list. Everything works great until I include the Person field: Assigned To.

error 400: A 'PrimitiveValue' node with non-null value was found when trying to read the value of a navigation property

Tried claims, display name, email...

task2.PNG

Looking at the list item XML I see Assigned_x0020_ToId, so I guess I need to pass the numeric ID of the person. Do I need a step prior to resolve the user or look up their id?

Once I figure out this issue I would like to move on to something more advanced, like creating a list item for each person in a multiple person column...

task1.PNG

FYI, I would have just used the available Create Item but Flow seems to ignore site column lookups.

request3.PNG

Works in this example, haven't been able to replicate.

https://www.dmcinfo.com/latest-thinking/blog/id/9832/creating-sharepoint-list-items-in-microsoft-flo...

Using the native Create Item action in Flow requires additional actions (Send HTTP Request) to make up for OOTB deficiencies in recognizing site column lookups. Redundant and uneccessary item updates...

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: How to set person field in Flow: Send HTTP Request to SharePoint?

The Assigned_x0020_To is the actual column name in the SharePoint list. If you navigate to the SharePoint list, and edit this specific column from the list settings, you'd see the URL path for the list contains this "proper name" of Assigned_x0020_To.

This likely means that the JSON that is being returned with the HTTP request isn't returning that specific column. Make sure that you setup a custom list view for the list that contains all of the columns you require, and then direct the HTTP request to that specific list view. 

If that doesn't work, you may need to opt to use the classic native Get Items SharePoint action against the custom view.

Links

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to set person field in Flow: Send HTTP Request to SharePoint?

Hi @bdc604 ,

I think it's a good choice to use Create item action directly.

If you are experiencing problems with configuring the Person field when using Create item action, please provide more details.

In addition, you mentioned "but Flow seems to ignore site column lookups.", we also need relevant information so that we could provide proper workaround for you.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (2,724)